Please click on the link below to download the Goulding NI Gran-Lime leaflet in PDF format
|Calcium (CaO)||50.6%||Magnesium (MgO)||1.65%|
What is GRAN-LIME?
Gran-Lime is a lime that is far more finely-ground than typical ground limestone. It is a combination of calcium and magnesium lime which is 100% water-soluble and 99% available to plants in the soil. It comes in a granulated form for ease of spreading by any conventional spreader. It is specially formulated to quickly reduce the acidity in the soil.
Why use GRAN-LIME?
Can be spread with a conventional fertiliser spreader
Farmer applied – no need for contractors.
Minimises the risk of compaction
Can be used in conjunction with Urea-based fertilisers when spread seperately.
Granular Lime – therefore not blown away by wind
Functions of Trace Elements
- Healthier livestock with stronger bones
- Essential in milk production
- Helps prevent milk fever
- Helps prevent grass tetany
- Improves appetite
- Improves nutrient availability
Benefits of GRAN-LIME
- Speed of action
- More accurate pattern than ground limestone
- Can be spread at any time of the year on any crop
- Suitable for grassland and tillage
- Will rapidly reduce surface acidity
- Ideal for con-acre renting
- Suitable for min-till systems
- Cost-effective and convenient
- Less ground compaction
- Suitable for spot treatments of fields
- Can be spread by tramline system
- Animals may graze grassland immediately after application
Apply 125kgs/ha/year (1 x 50kg bag/acre/year) to maintain pH levels.
Apply 250kgs/ha/year (2 x 50 kg bags/acre/year) until pH rises and 125kgs/ha/year (1 x 50kg bag/acre/year) to maintain this pH level.
Apply 250kgs/ha (2 x 50kg bags/acre) at reseeding and 125kgs/ha (1 x 50kg bag/acre) in subsequent years.
GRAN-LIME is best applied at the beginning of the growing season, but can be used effectively at any time of the year.