Sweetgrass is a high Nitrogen fertiliser with added sweetening agents. Its special formulation increases the palatability of your grass, thus increasing dry matter intakes.
|Sulphur (SO3)||5%||Magnesium (MgO)||2%|
What is SWEETGRASS ?
SWEETGRASS is a high Nitrogen fertiliser with added sweetening agents. Its special formulation increases the palatability of your grass, thus increasing dry matter intakes.
Why use SWEETGRASS?
For Sweeter Grass
When applied to grass Sodium has been shown to improve its palatability.
For Increased Dry Matter Intake
Increased palatability will lead to increased dry matter intake.
For Cleaner Paddocks
The sweeter the grass the tighter the grazing.
For Top Dressing Beet
Top dressing beet with the combination of Nitrogen, Sulphur, Sodium and Magnesium gives an excellent yield response.
Functions of Trace Elements
- Improves Nitrogen uptake
- Improves Protein content and digestibility of grass
- Helps produce lush swards
- Sweetens grass
- Increases dry matter intakes
- Improves utilisation of available grass giving cleaner paddocks
- Helps prevent grass tetany
- Stimulates appetite
- Improves nutrient availability
Benefits of SWEETGRASS
- Increased livestock dry matter intakes.
- Produces sweeter grass.
- Less topping as a result of tighter grazing.
- Helps maintain sward quality throughout season.
- Increases grass proteins.
- Contains many essential trace elements for top dressing sugar beet.
Trial of grass grown with Nitrogen V’s Nitrogen + Sodium
|Straight Nitrogen||Nitrogen + Sodium||Difference|
|Sugar Content (%)||29.4||32.3||9.8%|
|Butterfat Yield (g/day)||833||963||12%|
|Somatic cell count||Significantly Reduced|
For early grass, apply 2 bags per acre 6 – 8 weeks before turnout. Generally, apply 1½ bags per acre after each grazing as required but keeping within the parameters of the nitrates action programme.
Silage / Hay
‘Suitable for hay, and both first and second cut silage. Apply 3-5 bags per acre as required but keeping within the parameters of the nitrates action programme.
Can be applied to cereal, beet and other tillage crops as a top dressing to satisfy Nitrogen requirements of that crop.
Find out more about increasing the palatability and digestibility of grass.