|Calcium (Ca)||38.0%||Magnesium (Mg)||1.0%|
What is Gran-Lime?
Gran-Lime is a lime that is far more finely-ground than typical ground limestone. It is a combination of calcium and magnesium lime which is 100% water-soluble and 99% available to plants in the soil. It comes in a granulated form for ease of spreading by and conventional spreader. It is specially formulated to quickly reduce the acidity in the soil.
Why use GRAN-LIME?
- Can be spread with a conventional fertiliser spreader
- Minimises the risk of compaction
- Farmer applied – no need for contractors
- Granular Lime – therefore not blown away by wind
- Can be used in conjunction with Urea-based fertilisers when spread separately
Funtions of Trace Elements
- Healthier livestock with stronger bones
- Essential in milk production
- Helps prevent milk fever
- Helps prevent grass tetany
- Improves appetite
- Improves nutrient availability
Benefits of GRAN-LIME
- Speed of action
- More accurate pattern than ground limestone
- Can be spread at any time of the year on any crop
- Will rapidly reduce surface acidity
- Ideal for con-acre renting
- Suitable for min-till systems
- Less ground compaction
- Suitable for spot treatments of fields
- Can be spread by tramline system
- Suitable for grassland and tillage
- Cost-effective and convenient
- Animals may graze grassland immediately after application
Apply 185kgs/ha/year (1.5 x 50kg bags/acre/year) to maintain pH levels.
Apply 370kgs/ha/year (3 x 50kg bags/acre/year) until pH rises and 185kgs/ha/acre (1.5 x 50kg bags/acre/year) to maintain this pH level.
Apply 370kgs/ha/year (3 x 50kg bags/acre/year) at reseeding and 185kgs/ha (1.5 x 50 kg bags/acre) in subsequent years.